Welcome to Lisbon

Dear EABS members,


It is our pleasure to welcome you all to Lisbon this August.
We are doing everything we can to make sure that your stay will be unforgetable.

This blog is meant to share with you the latest news regarding the conference, some practical advice about the city and many other things.

Our job at the conference it to welcome you to Lisboa and to the Faculdade de Letras, provide you with information about the city and help you during the conference days at the faculty.
All details regarding registration, banquet, transfers, guided tours, etc., are the responsability of EABS.

Visit us often or subscrive the news feed to find out the newest details!
If you have questions, please email us at: lisboneabs2008@yahoo.com

Hope to see you in Lisboa,


Ana & Isabel

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Important Information

Dear All,

I have just arrived in Lisboa. That is the reason for such a long silence over the weekend.

Right now, the guided tour has no more available spots. I am sorry for that, but unless I manage to get someone else to lead another group, it will be impossible to accept any further registration.

I know that time is getting short, so I need your cooperation.
I continue waiting for your AV requests. Only 10 sessions have now scheduled to use equipment and that does not sound right. Please email me your presentations to the conference's email (lisboneabs2008@yahoo.com).

I will be posting in the next hours a map of the faculty and of the hotels with the underground stations.
For those of you arriving earlier than Saturday, I recommend using the underground station called "Campo Pequeno."

Also, in Campo Pequeno, there is a new mall with plenty of eateries and nice shops, just 10 minutes walking from the hotels.

From the airport, as I have mentioned earlier, the easiest way is to catch a taxi. I recommend using those taxis that leave from the departure's hall, instead of those from the arrival's hall.

Public transportation in Lisboa is quite good. I recommend getting a week ticket, or at least a daily one for the first contact with the city.

I am planning to be at the Hotel Vip Grande Lisboa on Saturday afternoon between 4 and 6 pm. If you experience any problem, please see if I am there. There will be a welcoming desk set for the EABS, just in the middle of the hotel's lobby.

I wish you all a pleasant journey,


Ana

No comments: